I. Scope and Consent
This Privacy Notice describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. It applies to any Alternative Vibes site where this Privacy Notice appears in the footer, and to any Alternative Vibes application, service, or tool (collectively “Services”) where this Privacy Notice is referenced, regardless of how you access or use them, including through mobile devices.
By using our Services, you are accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice and you are consenting to our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not provide the information we require, we may not be able to provide all of our Services to you.
If you reside in the United States, you are contracting with Alternative Vibes 611 S. 8th Street Unit 277 Dundee, Illinois 60118.
The company you are contracting with is your data controller, and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with our global privacy standards as well as any applicable national laws. Your data controller may transfer data to other members of the Alternative Vibes corporate family as described in this Privacy Notice. We may process and retain your personal information on our servers in the U.S.
“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Alternative Vibes has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
Changes to this Notice
We may amend this Privacy Notice at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. All amended terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted. We will announce any material changes to this Privacy Notice via email.
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us;
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you contact us;
- Financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a transaction;
- Postage, billing and other information used to purchase or post an item, as well as, where postal services are provided through one of our programs, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates);
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account;
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected;
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history, and your web log information;
- Personal information we collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies;
Personal information from other sources
- We may supplement the personal information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publically available, additional contact information, credit check information, and information from credit bureaus, as allowed by applicable national laws;
- We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatically access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you, and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on, etc.). If you provide us with access to any site with video content, then you agree that we may share your video viewing with, or obtain information about your video viewing from, third-party social media sites for at least two years or until you withdraw consent. You control the personal information you allow us to have access to through the privacy settings on the applicable social media site and the permissions you give us when you grant us access to your personal information retained by the respective social media site about you. By associating an account managed by a social media site with your account and authorizing us to have access to this information, you agree that we may collect, use and retain the information provided by these social media sites in accordance with this Privacy Notice;
- If you give us personal information about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent. You have to inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information according to our Privacy Notice;
- We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, to provide you with a personalized experience on our site (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), to contact you about your account and our Services, to provide you customer service, to provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and to detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
- Provide, improve, and personalize our Services;
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information;
- Contact you about your account and provide you customer service;
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveyor questionnaires, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service;
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you;
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail. When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our User Agreement. Message and data rates may apply;
- Personalize our advertising and marketing communications;
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences;
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services and those of our Alternative Vibes corporate family. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact. Message and data rates may apply;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities;
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- Enforce our Privacy Notice, our User Agreement or other policies;
- We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies.
- You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, to send you marketing information, how we provide you with customized and relevant advertising, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
III. Communication preferences
You can control the methods by which we may contact you about your account. We ask that you explicitly inform us as to which method of communication is preferred and said method will be utilized until explicitly stated otherwise.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can inform us that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional offers from us. Keep in mind, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can inform us that you do not wish to receive advertising or promotional offers from us and no advertisements will be sent to you. In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
If you withdraw your consent for the use or disclosure of your personal information for purposes set out in this Privacy Notice you may not have access to all our Services and we might not be able to provide you all of the Services and customer support offered to our users and authorized under this Privacy Notice and our User Agreement.
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Alternative Vibes corporate family or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide and to provide you access to our Services, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
- The Alternative Vibes corporate family members, who may use it to:
- Provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support);
- Help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, and data security breaches;
- Provide you personalized advertising;
- Guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications. Members of our Alternative Vibes corporate family will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them;
- Service Providers;
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customize advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our User Agreement, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, co-branded credit cards and other business operations;
- Third party financial institution partners who may offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services;
- Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our User Agreement, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety;
- To law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, postcode, telephone number, and email address;
- To credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file);
- To third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity;
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
V. Contact Us
Alternative Vibes 611 S. 8th Street Unit 277 Dundee, Illinois 60118
Toll Free: (800) 809-2048